Thursday, May 26, 2011

Liquidizing Bar Soap

Easy trick to save bucks. Liquid soap clearly has a lot of water in it, but bar soap can be annoying to use. The solution is simple, get a one litre bottle, with an openning large enough for a bar of soap (or be prepared to chop up a bar of soap), fill it up with water and drop in a bar of soap (chopped or grated for faster results). I stirred mine at least once a day and after 4 days pourred enough out to fill a soap dispenser. Voila!


Next time I think I'll grated the bar of soap so it'll have less chunks.

1 comment:

  1. I grated up a 1/2 a bar of soap the other day and gave this a try, turned out wonderful! I think this home made liquid soap should last much longer than a dirty old bar of soap chilling on the side of the sink!

    ReplyDelete